Strony

piątek, 2 maja 2014

Is it still a "Bible"?

 So many things has happened lately that I completely lost contact with reality. Well, I mean MY reality. It was this bad I didn't even buy VOGUE for few months! But as my grandpa (RIP my love) used to say "Nothing lasts forever..." even this time my detachment came to an end! I think I wasn't aware of what have happened until I realized I got 3 issues of VOGUE missing and told to myself "STOP". Pull yourself together or move your ass and come back on the ground! You know what? it worked! When, during a visit to a local bookstore noticed hated the April edition of the American Bible of Fashion I said to myself what the hell! People were saying bad things about this issue (I assume all you fashion lovers knows why - KIMYE on a cover), were even turning back from Anna Wintour and then i got this amazing thought "I will be different, I will give a shot, I will check if there's something to truly hate with this issue!". Well, actually I have to admit this is not what I have been expected from VOGUE for all this years!!! Let's be honest! The cover is not the best I've ever seen, Grace Coddington's session leaves much to be desired and in fact only an article by the brilliant (or maybe not ... hmmm?) Hammish Bowles somehow saves this issue. I was full of enthusiasm and I still am but for the future If you want to brutally judge something (not gonna say by the cover hehehehe) first try to get to know it and then say your opinion out loud! Anyway good or not the KIMYE'S "horrible" Vogue saved my fashion soul :)

American Vogue, April 2014. On the cover: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian

Kim: Nina Ricci satin dress embellished with organza and lace flowers. Kanye: Prada leather pants worn throughout.

Kim: Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda corset dress with lace, organza and layered-tulle skirt.

Kim: Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci ivory fox stole, sequined trompe l'oeil print skirt and belt. Kanye: Balmain black t-shirt.


Kim: Lanvin Blanche Collection by Alber Elbaz ivory strapless techno-duchesse satin dress. Kanye: Louis Vuitton coat and Alternative Apparel hoodie.

Kim: Alexander McQueen ivory feathered dress. Kanye: Uma Wang coat.

I do not judge if this couple is suitable for the Vogue cover or not. The one thing that really puzzles me is what have they done to deserve such an honour? Anyone can please enlighten me?

xo xo
M.









Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz